Saturday, March 28, 2009

Pancakes

I had pancakes, and I'm not sure how I feel about that. I always am slightly excited when pancakes are mentioned or offered for breakfast, and so I always go into eating them with a good mindset. However, I always seem to be let down at the end. I always feel terrible after eating them, and I don't actually remember ever actually enjoying them all that much. It is definitely one of those experiences that I probably should try to avoid, but always forget until too late.

And at the moment, I am still working this camp. I've washed and tuned more bikes than I care to recall. Today there is a 100% chance of rain and heavy thunderstorms. Awesome. I feel sorry for the people riding at the camp and "racing" in the AOTC. They are going to have good times. Hopefully this afternoon's ride will be cancelled.

It's been raining so much, that the ground has been significantly wet, which means 2 things. First, mountain biking isn't going to happen for a while, and second, the sides of the roads are soft enough to get a car stuck, a fact that I proved yesterday when I got the rental van stuck on the side of the road. We had to get some help from dirty Wes D and his truck to get it out (thanks Wes).

I got to hang out with the girlfriend last night for a bit, right up until I totally crashed at 10. That is the only social interaction I've had outside of camp since I've been here. I'm looking forward to some hangout time when I get done here.

2 comments:

Elizabeth said...

what exactly is this "camp" that you are working? and are you missing classes for this?

Emily said...

What about blueberry pancakes? Or banana pancakes? Or what if Jack Johnson made you some banana pancakes? I don't think you would be let down then.


So, you know how waffles and pancakes are made from the same batter mixture, I think you maybe just add extra egg to it if it's for waffles...well anyway, would you agree that waffles are exponentially better than pancakes? It's silliness though since they're from the same mixture, yeah?

Waffles are great because they have little compartments. I like things with individualized compartments.

How long does that camp last for?