Friday, March 27, 2009

Pinned

I'm working a CTS camp right now as a mechanic. It's awesome. It's also very very exhausting. I washed 30 bikes last night, then tuned them all up. Nice. I didn't finish until 11:00, and got back to the hotel this morning at 6:30. And then I get to repeat it all again for the next 3 days. Good stuff. I've not done anything but bikes for the last 3 days.

The side effect of all of this is that I am totally disconnected from the rest of the world. As far as I am concerned, the rest of the world seems to not exist. I did get to ride the trainer yesterday for 45 minutes. Got some power intervals done. Suffered badly. That's about it.

And I'm really glad that I'm not doing the Assault. There is a bad weather vibe hanging around here recently, and it looks like it's going to stay around for a bit longer. I'm kinda glad I've not been able to ride. Although if I get a chance to ride this afternoon, I'm doing it rain or shine.

No comments: