The best part is, I feel like I accomplished something today. Such as:
1. I made the weather my bitch. That's right. My bitch.
2. I gained a little bit of toughness both mentally and physically.
3. I found a new way to keep a cell phone dry in an unexpected rain. The first way that I have used for years is the empty water bottle method. However, since it started raining at the beginning of my ride, and I didn't want to dump all my liquids, I had to get creative. While I was thinking, I noticed that people litter a lot. I also realized that a lot of what they throw out could be useful in keeping something dry. So I kept my eyes open for a couple of seconds, and found a discarded ziplock bag. Problem solved.
4. I peed off the bike for the first time today. It was awesome. I felt very pro... peeing off the bike while riding in the rain. Good times. The only issue is, it is very hard to find a stretch of road that is either flat or slightly downhill for long enough to do this properly. You also have to watch out for houses...
5. I was reminded of how excruciating going downhill at 45mph in the pouring rain is.
6. I found a new species of frog. Well, probably not actually, but I was riding by the river, and looked at the road, and there were hundreds of tiny frogs, all slightly smaller than a cheerio, hopping across the road. Hundreds.
7. I had a blast riding my road bike in the rain, by myself, for 3 hours. I don't know why.