Monday, February 23, 2009

Have you ever had the feeling that you were missing something, that it was close but just out of reach? Yeah, I have. This weekend actually. Julia and I went down to Greenville to race at the Donaldson Center, which apparently is super easy to find, although not if you follow Google's (totally wrong and completely made up) directions. We ended up getting lost and driving around in circles for about an hour and a half before heading home. Awesome.

It turned out OK, since we got back to Brevard at a decent hour (since we got up and left at an ungodly hour, we had plenty of time for our driving around) and then went mountain biking with Old Man Balls. It was good times. We hit up some Avery Creek followed by Pinnett. AWESOME! After getting shown up by The Hoo on a couple of climbs, and destroyed by the KOP on all the descents, I am confident in my middle range abilities. Although I was just good enough to avoid dying on anything, which is always a good thing.

I love mountain biking. Road riding can be cool too, if you do it right.

Later.

No comments: