Saturday, February 21, 2009

2009 Racing

Well, the 2009 racing season is upon me, and as usual, I don't feel at all prepared. I've done a good amount of training, in spite of missing a lot of riding in the off season because of injury. I don't expect to be on top form until around the beginning of May, and am doing a lot of collegiate road racing to race myself into shape.

Here is my 2009 planned races list...
NGCSU collegiate road race
Clemson collegiate road race
Georgia Tech collegiate road race
Hobby Park
The Assault on the Carolinas
Lees McRae collegiate road race
Brevard collegiate road race conference championships
Winder SERC
Ducktown SERC
Collegiate Road National Championships (if I qualify, Stumpjump if I don't)
12 Hours of Tsali
Bump and Grind
Clemson SERC
Cowbell Challenge
French Broad Cycling Classic
Fontana SERC
All followed up with a full season of 6 collegiate mountain bike races, then nationals.
Finally, there is talk of a possible 'cross season and 'cross nationals. That would either be fun or kill me.

If I do all of these races, it will give me a total of 23 race weekends, not including cross, which is a lot more than I have ever done before. Hopefully I'll be able to learn how to race, and stop with the inconsistent results stuff that I posted last year.
As far as I know, my goals for the season are...
~Top 5 at collegiate mountain bike nats in the ST or the XC
~Top 3 in one of the national races that I do (Ducktown, Bump and Grind, or Cowbell)
~Upgrade to Pro by the end of the season

Finally, my sponsor list is pretty much finalized, and since I don't have all that many (I'm not that bad ass) I'll give you the long list...
I'd like to thank:
Sycamore Cycles and Wes D for helping me out in pretty much everything bike related
Brevard College Cycling
Specialized Bicycles (for their bikes AND tires, the Fast Track LK is going to hook up this year)Industry Nine
Tifosi Optics
Bracken Mountain Bakery (for their awesome baked goods, even though I have gotten in trouble from eating too much of the goodness)

I'm looking forward to a great year...

No comments: