Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Driving anyone?

I've never posted a blog from a car before... I've written one while driving across California and then posted it during a Starbucks stop, but never posted while driving 85 down the interstate. Good times. Speaking of which, Thad is pinned.

I just finished driving from 9:53am to 2:12pm, which seems like it should be about 4 hours and 19 minutes, but actually ended up being 5 hours and 19 minutes due to a time warp somewhere between starting and stopping that leg of the trip.

In that period of time, I figured out the difference between my driving and Thad's...

I plan out my driving at least 2 moves in advance. When I come up on someone, I look around and see what the best option is for getting around them but also what that will mean 10 seconds down the road and then what happens after that. I never go into a corner without a way to get back out. That means that I tend to be a little smoother and less erratic; using the brakes and gas less. It also means that I sometimes miss moves because I think too long, and I rarely am overly aggressive.

Thad is all about the short game. He takes a move based on what he sees first, reacting without always thinking about what is going to happen next. This means that he is good with making snap decisions and sometimes gets places quicker, but also means that he tends to be very jerky and come into stuff too hot.

Anyway, this is a long drive. And I'm trying to decide between watching a movie, writing a paper, and reading a book...

I think I'm gonna read.

No comments: