Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Hey

Well, I reckon it's been a while since my last post... I reckon this because Julia tells me every day that it's been a while since my last post. The thing is though, not all that much has happened since then.

BC hosted our very own road race, and I'll go ahead and say that it was awesome and was probably better put on than collegiate nats will be thanks to a certain Squirrel and his posse. The A men sucked it up in the road race, with me sucking the hardest (wind that is) after getting dropped on Walnut Hollow on the last lap. I don't think any of us scored any points. Julia held on for 6th in the A women, which was pretty good considering who she was up against. Other props to Jami and Joh for their double win this weekend.

The crit went a little bit better for all involved... Apparently it was an awesome course as far as crits go, but since I've never done another crit, I just thought it was an awesome crit in general. Tristan was on the gas for the first couple of laps, and just about dropped me doing it. After he got off the front, a group of 6 went off the front, and the following chase led to me being popped off the back. I was able to chase back on to the main group, and sat in until the break lapped us. As they were coming by, Tristan and I jumped into the train during the confusion, and rode with them for the last 10 minutes. Captain America jumped hard with a lap to go, and I figured that I would give it a shot with him. I was catching back on when he did a little bit of showing off and railed a turn faster than I thought was possible and put a couple of bike lengths into me. After that I just rode as hard as I could so that the group behind me wouldn't catch back on and ended up finishing just ahead of the chase for 9th place. I mean, it's not great, but I'm happy.
And yeah, Julia was awesome, taking her fury out on some stupid fast people on the last lap and taking a very impressive 3rd place. I think it bodes well for her national's experience.

In other, non-bike related things, I am pinned with school right now. The trip to nationals is up in the air (ooh, look... bike related) and so I'm having to plan to have everything done a week and a half early as if we were actually going. Moving exams sucks. And I'm tired of cramming knowledge in my head in mass quantities. And I was going to do some work on a paper, but my fingers apparently aren't working, and I keep making stupid typing mistakes, and Capitalizing things That don'T need To be, and can't seem to get it together, so I don't think I will.

Also, it has come to my attention that I have a follower. That's right... one follower. I'm not sure what that means, but I looked to see who it was, and I would like to thank Liz for caring about me and my blog. Even if no one else does.

1 comment:

Dan Ennis said...

3 weeks. oh 3 weeks.