Monday, January 5, 2009

I've had some demand recently for a new blog entry (and by "some demand" I mean that I was having a conversation with a couple of people about blogs and I said that I hadn't blogged in a while and they agreed with me), so here goes.

I rode a lot last week. It was cool. Now I have a legit training plan and will be riding even more. That's all I'm gonna say about that.

I've also been enjoying break a whole lot. I've missed just being able to waste time during the day not doing anything. I've even been playing some video games, so you know that's something.

The one downside to break is that the bakery is also closed for a couple of weeks. I was bummed out about that since I like their food and their company. I mean, I guess I can still have pretty much the same company (except for the successive liberal/conservative cliques that share the same tables at the bakery at separate times) while the bakery is closed, so mostly I am just missing the food.

I guess missing the food is a good thing since I am trying to lose some poundage, and the bakery is not conducive to doing so. In fact, I largely blame the bakery for getting me into this predicament.

In order to do even more work than I would while riding, the team is doing team workouts. Like in the gym. It's a very funny sight watching a bunch of cyclists trying to lift some weights and pretend that we are all strong and whatnot. You can tell that we are not all that by looking at the weight rack and seeing all of the lightest dumbbells constantly in use while the heavier ones go unused.

And my final note for the day is... I just got something awesome. It should be here soon... I'm pumped.

No comments: