Saturday, January 17, 2009

I don't actually have anything to write about right now... but I'm gonna post anyway.

New bikes are awesome. I just got mine, and although I've only gotten to ride it once, I am totally pumped. The new bike, combined with some new sponsors and a bad ass training plan, are all coming together to form what is looking like a killer year of racing.

I'm gonna be trying out some road racing this spring with the school, and hopefully will get to travel to CO to try my hand at the national championships. People keep trying to convince me that I'm a roadie, and while I definitely don't think so, I'm willing to put out some effort and see what I can do with some slicks. I think that the first mountain bike race that I'm gonna get to do is 12 hours of Tsali which I'm pumped about already.

But yeah, training is going well, I've been doing muscle tension intervals, which are new to me, but seem like a good idea for building up some leg power. Hopefully. I'm totally ready to be done with them though...

And finally, it's been pretty stupidly cold here recently. I mean, I know it doesn't have anything on people who are dumb enough to live where it gets really cold, but it's cold for me. Yeah. And I think I'm gonna be riding something totally new tomorrow, which I am stoked about. Or maybe we'll go down to Clemson, which would be cool too...

Later

No comments: