Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Snow Day


Well, like you may have noticed in my last post, it snowed last week. Unfortunately for those of us who like to ride our bikes, the snow is still here. I think that one of the main reasons that this area is awesome is because of the fact that one can ride year-round without too much trouble, and since for the last 10 years there hasn't been any significant snowfall, we have gotten really spoiled in thinking this. I mean, most places where there are mountains have to deal with large amounts of snow during the winter, and I guess we are fortunate here to have the elevation but not the real winter. That being said, it isn't actually all that bad of a deal to have 10 years of riding and only 2 weeks of snow preventing rides.

Anyway, the snow has meant that the 1:45 minutes that I've spent on the bike in the past 4 days has been on the trainer. Part of the blame for that lies with a large amount of work the week before Christmas, but still, I was hoping for some night riding to work on my ninja skills. Instead I worked on my ballet-footing skills on a run this morning with the Hoo (or the Who if you are thinking Christmasy thoughts about Whoville).

Being at the shop has only been so stimulating, and I have found myself thinking a lot about this next year, the races I'm going to do, my goals for the year, and what bike I'm going to ride. I am waiting on the Epic to become available, but the thought of a 29er HT has crossed my mind more than once... I don't think I want the 29er Epic (it's pretty heavy), but I'm not sure if I want a HT either. Actually, I can't believe that I'm even thinking about this at all. It's almost like I WANT to go join the circus. Weird. I should go read my own review of the 29er I rode a while back and see what I said then.

Later.

No comments: