Tuesday, August 25, 2009

School vs. Summer

It seems the summer is finally over... school starts tomorrow, and I have to say, I'm pumped. I am actually looking forward to being in class. Weird, especially considering 3 months ago I never wanted anything to do with school again. But I've got a good schedule this year, and most of my classes should be fairly interesting.

I also start racing this weekend, which is also awesome. I've been waiting for so long to get back to collegiate mountain biking, I almost can't believe it's here. It really doesn't seem like that long ago when we were standing on the podium at nationals for 4th place... not this year. I like to think that we've stepped up our game quite a bit from the last time anyone saw us. I can't wait to see what happens this season.

This summer has been pretty good though, up until the last couple of weeks. I've had fun chillin, and pretty much everything was working out for me. I got to ride a lot, and worked a lot too. Actually, that's pretty much all my summer consisted of. Other than a rough patch right at the beginning, its been smooth sailing. Unfortunately, instead of going into school completely happy though, there are a couple of things that aren't so great right now. I think that summer was just too good, and now I'm paying for using up all the goodness. I don't know how that even works, it just seems like a few things have kinda fallen apart. I guess we shall see how things progress going into school.

Anyway, other than that little aside, racing starts this weekend, as I've said. I should be keeping this updated more often, and hopefully will post something from ETSU this weekend.

Later

No comments: