Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Fall is Coming

There comes a time every summer when, quite suddenly, I am ready for fall. This year it was a little longer coming on than usual, but all the same, I have a desire for cooler weather. This time around it was triggered by a visit to a very cool and windy parkway. Something about that was like, "hey, I need a sweatshirt. I am ready for cool." I would like to make the distinciton between "cool" and "cold." Cold is what happens after New Years. Up until then, you are either in fall (which is awesome), or early winter (which still has racing, and looking forward to Christmas, and the end of the semester). After New Years, there is nothing to look forward to except spring, meaning that you very quickly lose your interest in cool and it very quickly just becomes a miserable, bone chilling, mood-killing weather pattern.

I think that cool weather is fairly tied together with this, but I am also ready for school to start. I want to see all of my friends, and I want to learn, and most of all, I want to race. I don't know why I am looking forward so much to getting back in class, I think that I just want structure in my life. I also want the Bracken Mountain Hang Out time to start up again.

I've been going out to Adventure Village a lot here recently with Julia, working on my mad skilz. Last night we went out and saw Dan, Danny, Chaput, Herndon, and Sarah, and rode with them for a bit. I am feeling pretty good on the Slalom track, and except for Danny and Dan showing me up pretty badly, am looking forward to some racing. The only problem is, our track is very much unlike anything else we will race, so I'm not sure how prepared I'll be for normal racing. Julia has improved greatly though, and should be able to hold her own pretty well this season.

And now I have to go eat some Cinnamon Raisin Bread from Bracken Mountain. It's going to be awesome.

2 comments:

The Hoo said...

have not. you're silly.

Elizabeth said...

I. CANNOT. WAIT. FOR. BMB. FRIDAY. MORNING. HANGOUT. WOOT.