Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Chicken Salad?

I don't understand why people feel like celery in chicken salad is an improvement. I mean, there really isn't a flavor from it, and all that you really get is a terrible overly crunchy texture. If you already have apples in there, then honestly, how much more crunch do you need? Do people put it in there just to take up space to make it look like there is more than there is? Or just to feel better about themselves? If you want crunchy, go buy a Heath Bar. They are tastier and better for you.

On another note, if you are ever considering buying a Santa Cruz Blur, don't. Trust me, there will be a mechanic somewhere someday who thanks you. I know this because I just spent 2 hours trying to change the bearings in a siezed up bike, and I believe that it was the most frustrating repair that I have ever done. All of the trouble with the bearings was compounded by unrelated issues with the bottom bracket, a flat tire, and cable and housing, but still, the bearings go bad way too often for them to be that hard to change.

Also, I will be looking into finding a company who is looking to pay me to advertise for them with my car. I have heard that these programs exist, but that the hard part is finding a company looking for people to advertise on. So if you know of anyone, let me know.

Finally, and I'm really pumped about this one, I have decided to race gravity as well as endurance stuff this coming season. While I will still be focusing on my strengths, I also want to broaden my horizons to include some other disiplines. This means that I will be spending a good amount of time practicing my skills and honing my ninja reflexes and balance. So yeah, I'm pumped about it. Like I said. I can't wait to see what I can do at something I never thought I would be any good at.

No comments: