Saturday, November 29, 2008

Rain

I'm sitting here at the shop watching the rain with nothing to do but blog and ponder my life, and I've realized that I'm glad I'm not in the rain racing at the Gobbler. It would be way too muddy and gross and cold for me to do that, although I could probably win some good money. Good times. I feel sorry for Wes and Chris and all of the other volunteers who are out there making it happen but having to suffer through some really crappy conditions. Good job guys.

I watched Hancock last night... It was good. I like. Now I have to go see bond.

And oh yeah, apparently I am waaaay tougher than I thought I was. I tore my ACL playing youth football about 10 years ago, didn't realize what was up, and kept on practicing. I guess that has finally caught up with me, and I think it is what allowed my crash a couple of weeks ago turn nasty. It looks like I am going to inevitably have to have surgery to repair it, it's just a matter of when. I'm crossing my fingers that I can put it off until the end of next season so that I miss the least amount of time riding as possible. I've already missed almost a month of riding, and if I have the surgery now, it will be another 6 weeks before I can hope to get back on the bike. That would suck.

Anyway, I've got an appointment on Monday to see if I'll be able to start riding again, and hopefully I can get back on before too long.

Also, let me tell you a story... It is a story of karma or sowing and reaping or something like that. Or maybe just bad luck. Either way, Julia has been giving me a hard time for being a cripple over the past couple of weeks. She sprained her LEFT ankle on Thursday at the beginning of a group ride and now can't walk on it. So yeah, watch out y'all, your words will come back to bite you.

Peace.

No comments: