Monday, September 14, 2009

My Line of Thought...

I really enjoyed this weekend... it was fun. I love that course. I think I do well on it. Most of the time anyway. Except when I think about it a lot and need to do well and don't. Then it kinda sucks. I did have fun this weekend though. I was killing it on the climbs. And although I have descended better in my life, I definitely was going pretty good. I do need some new brakes though… mine weren’t hooking up so well. I should probably get those before next weekend on the same course.Yeah. I got 7th using non-functioning brakes though, so that’s pretty good. 9th in the short track too, which is good, but not really dependent on brakes. Definitely a good weekend.

Except for the slalom thing. Just for future reference, if you are in the start gate of a ghetto dual slalom race where the race official is talking to the incompetent timer through a radio about when to start the clock, don’t stop his countdown at the end. The timer at the bottom may start the timer anyway and then forget that you aren’t going yet and just give you the time from when he started the first time. That sucks. Cause I really wanted to qualify. Oh well. Same course next weekend.

I will say though that the massive talent vacuum I left when my time got messed up was covered nicely by the rest of our gravity team holding it down all weekend. There are some major players wearing the Brevard kit this season. And that Tristan Cowie? The boy is a beast. 6th qualifier in slalom?Winning the XC after breaking his chain? I think he turns into a monster when he has a mechanical and goes even faster than he usually would (and that’s pretty fast to begin with). Way to go Brevard.Awesomeness.

Hmm, I want some food… I should go get some. I got some awesome stuff this morning thanks to Baker Bill… those special edition apple thingies were off the hook. I was so happy.

Julia’s birthday is tomorrow… I can’t wait for the madness that is sure to ensue. Bike riding?Pescado’s? Bike meetings? Bar hopping? I hope she’s satisfied… I think that she has more planned for her birthday than anyone else in the history of the world. Get ready Brevard. It is going to be straight insane tomorrow night… Julia turns 21.

No comments: