Saturday, August 23, 2008

School

So. School starts soon. Really soon. Really too soon. I hardly noticed that summer was going by at all, and now, before I even realized it, it has reached it's end. I mean sure, there are still a lot of warm days left, and a lot of good times to be had before the cold weather sets in, but there is one thing that always and without fail signals the end of the freedom of summer. Any boy or girl can tell you, once school starts, fall is on its way.
This isn't all bad. I mean, I am very excited about collegiate race season, and then cross season after that, and then some rest, and then hitting the base miles again. There are some good qualities about winter itself, none that I enjoy as much as summer, but I kinda like having to bundle up to fight off the cold. That usually lasts for about 3 weeks of cold.
Collegiate season is going to be awesome though. We've got a really solid team this year, some new freshmen and some transfers, including an addition to our women's team that I am VERY excited about. Our goal is to first qualify for nationals and then to possibly end up on the nationals podium. That would be good times.
My final thought for the night is this... You can really tell how much you love something by a couple of indicating factors. First, if you find yourself wanting to spend an exorbitant amount of time in close contact with this love interest. Second, if after doing so, you find yourself wanting more and never getting tired of that contact. Finally, if your thoughts have an unbalanced proportion of time spent directed towards this interest. - Those are my criterion. Do with them as you will. Peace.

1 comment:

Dan Ennis said...

ah matt thats sweet. i had no idea you thought about me that way. call me big boy...