Friday, July 18, 2008

Mount Snow, Day 3

Mount Snow. You’d think that someplace with SNOW in the name would be pretty cool, but no, it’s actually rather toasty. After waiting around through the morning for the hottest part of the day, we went over to the race venue to help Tristan with his racing. Coach was responsible for the feed, and my bike was being parted out for the tech zone. I ended up watching the race from the feed/tech zone, and let me tell you, there are some intense people there. Much to the consternation of the racers, the people handing out the free small cups of water couldn’t throw their water on people, but rather taunted them with the promise of the impossible. Anyway, since my job was only required if something really bad happened for Tristan, I spent my time taking pictures. I got a lot of good ones, but can’t really upload them because our internet sucks. Pretty much entirely. But yeah, the race was exciting, I’ll let Tristan tell you about his race, but the winners had some good attacks and counter attacks going on. Good stuff. After the race, I came back to the house to get some rest and put my feet up. Lame. I’m amazed at how much laziness is required to be a bike racer. I mean, as a whole, the cycling community is pretty fit, but as you get higher up in the ranks, life has to slow down to the pace equivalent of someone fat and out of shape. So yeah, hanging out. Good times. I get to ride tomorrow…

No comments: