Wednesday, July 8, 2009

The Next Level

So, it's been a long while since I've blogged. Here is a summary of my life since then: ride lots, work some, shower, eat, sleep. Pretty much it. Good times.

So yeah, I've been working really hard trying to get ready for the next part of my season. Unlike most people, my season is just getting started. I've got a full collegiate mountain bike season, followed by (hopefully) a full cross season. That means that I'll be racing until mid december. Since I've already been going since january, its going to be fun. I know I need to not only get ready for the long haul, but I also need to step up my game so that I'm no longer, as someone recently told me, "mediocre." I'm not promising anything great, but I do want to go to the next level.

For some people, the next level is a lot cooler than is it for me, but I'm just hoping to get to where I can either dominate the cat 1 field next year or move to pro. I'm also looking to hit this collegiate season hard, with a solid result at nationals.

Speaking of which, I've never had a good race at any national level event. Ever. I've had bad days, terrible days, race ending mechanicals, and crashes. But never an event that I was happy with. My goal this year is a top 7 in either the XC or STXC, and I'm going all out to make that happen. I'm done with racing like crap in my biggest races.

Anyway, that's my rant for the day. I'm sitting next to Thad right now as he sets up a training program for me. Hopefully it will push me to where I need to be.

2 comments:

The Hoo said...

was i the one who called you mediocre? i'm sorry.
but then aren't we all?

Dan Ennis said...

im not. im stupendous.

boo-yah.



ahahahahahaha,
dano out.