Saturday, October 4, 2008

Late as usual

Dude, I'm sitting here, watching Tristan update his blog, and I figured that I would go ahead and do the same. I'm only a week late for updating about the last race, so its all good. This week has been crazy, I've been pretty much pinned the entire time. Last saturday and sunday we raced at the home of the Cowies in north Georga, which was totally awesome. We stayed with the Cowie parents, and let me tell you, they were straight pinned. Saturday we had the short track and TT. I had a really good start in the ST and ended up moving up to 3rd, passing Tristan and yelling a little bit of friendly encouragement at him when I passed. I think that I put out a little too much effort trying that stunt, and ended up fading back to finish 12th. I was super bummed about that since I know I should have finished better than that, and a lot of the other guys who beat me I'm usually ahead of. The TT was interesting. There was a horse incident that put the Brevard team back about 30 seconds, but didn't affect anyone else. That sucked. I crashed near the end of my otherwise clean run, putting me back about another 30 seconds. The XC was interesting to say the least. I started warming up on what was supposed to be about a 10 minute loop, but it ended up being a whole lot longer than that. Because of this, I missed my start, which was a first for me. I got to the start line 16 minutes late and pretty much had no pressure except to just finish. I ended up getting 13th out of close to 30, so I was pretty pumped. I've just got to figure out how to get on the gas and stop going slow. Yeah.

No comments: